Easy Potato and Broccoli Soup
2 medium potatoes (I used red potatoes), chopped
1 head broccoli, chopped into florets (about 4 to 6 cups)
4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup skim milk
Cheddar cheese, shredded, for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring potatoes and chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes).
2. Add broccoli florets. Cover and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat. In batches, blend until smooth in a blender.
4. Add pureed soup back to pot and return to heat.
5. Add milk and salt and pepper, heat through.
6. Serve garnished with Cheddar cheese.